About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative wisdom tradition. As the CAC embarks on a new chapter, we are building an in-house creative team for the first time.
For years, our world-class teaching content has stood on its own without high-quality production or creative support. Now, we are looking for a Graphic Designer to help shape a visual identity for the CAC that matches the depth and timelessness of our wisdom tradition.
In this role, you will help create authentic and inspiring visual content that speaks to our primary audience of 250,000+ and engages new audiences. You will collaborate with our Creative Director to establish a cohesive visual identity that anchors our work across many platforms. You will contribute to the design process from conception to completion for a range of design work including print, email, web, social media, and layout for various publications.
- Execute on a wide range of design projects, large and small, across multiple mediums.
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify the intended audience, the need, and the parameters of each project.
- Contribute to the comprehensive design process from conception to design, proofing, and production.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director to brainstorm and sketch out new concepts.
- Actively seek feedback from the Creative Director to ensure design deliverables meet the project goals.
- Adhere to CAC’s brand guide and ensure protection of brand identity.
- Conduct a full inventory of CAC’s existing graphic assets and edit for brand consistency.
- Support and offer feedback on design workflows, asset management, and naming conventions.
- Contribute to CAC’s rebrand and/or brand re-discovery process to carry the CAC into the next 30+ years as an innovative, modern non-profit while simultaneously respecting our 30-year heritage.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in human development and/or contemplative spirituality and are curious to learn more.
- While you may have a specific area of expertise, you’ve done it all—print, brand, and web—and you have the portfolio to prove it.
- Your design is purposeful, thoughtful, and intentional.
- You know how to translate abstract requests into concrete, functional, beautiful design.
- You take direction well and welcome feedback as a part of the creative process, because it elevates your work.
- You have worked on design projects through all stages of development and execution—ensuring quality and brand consistency along the way.
- You anticipate design trends, but create timeless work that will last beyond what’s popular now.
- You have a high-quality aesthetic and excellent creative instincts.
- You love the collaborative, iterative process of design as much as the end product.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- At least 3 years of experience as a design professional.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a creative team, agency, or as a freelancer, with a proven client list and diverse portfolio of work.
- Knowledge of industry standards.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-Design.
- Experience in print and digital layouts for long-form copy.
- Ability to create pre-press ready files for large-format applications.
- Proficiency in digital asset production: icons, infographics, etc.
- Experience with asset management best practices.
Job Specifications and Pay
We prefer this job to be on-site, in our Albuquerque office, but are open to other arrangements for the right candidate. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.