The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the Christian contemplative tradition. Our Customer Service team is a small, highly-professional servicing group who takes the time to listen to customers and ensure their satisfaction. We are committed to providing true service to our customers and modeling our organizational values of compassion, inclusion, open-mindedness, and teamwork in every interaction.
We are looking for a highly motivated, customer-centric Customer Service Representative to act as the voice of our organization to our supporters. You will receive and resolve a fluctuating volume of calls and emails, and will troubleshoot issues in real-time. Your role is to provide world-class support to our constituents. You will enjoy a high degree of empowerment, and have the opportunity to grow alongside a team that values your work.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent listener, communicator, and problem solver who loves to learn. Join us if you want to work on a highly collaborative team and make a direct impact through your work!
- Deliver personal, proactive, and straight-forward customer service for our subscribers and constituents.
- Provide information, data and technical support to customers through phone calls and emails.
- Ensure all inbound and outbound customer needs are met to their satisfaction.
- Collaborate and contribute to CAC documentation designed to create and maintain consistent responses to repeated and varied inquiries.
- Support the operation of the virtual and physical CAC Bookstore, including:
- Assist customers with order and product inquiries; troubleshoot problems with orders.
- Receive telephone and in-person bookstore orders.
- Enter orders into e-commerce platform for fulfillment.
- Document issues or changes to orders in e-commerce platform and other databases.
- Participate in offsite event bookstore setup, operation, and teardown as needed.
- Greet and receive visitors at the Visitor Center.
- Support CAC events such as webcasts and conferences, often in-person and occasionally outside of regular business hours.
- Collaborate with the Customer Service Team and the rest of the CAC organization to improve overall customer experience.
Why you’re right for this job
- Above all else, you are friendly, collaborative and love working with other people.
- You enjoy working with autonomy, and thrive when you are empowered to do your job well.
- You are a natural problem solver, and you support each customer individually based on their needs.
- You’re committed to doing great work, and you go above and beyond to meet customer’s needs.
- You’re patient, empathetic and respectful of other people.
- You have a personable, patient and professional demeanor.
- You are highly adaptable, and you work well in a fast-paced organization.
- You want to work in a place where you can grow and invest into your personal and professional development.
- You want to have meaning in your work, and you can quickly learn about the CAC’s mission and work in contemplative spirituality.
- At least 6 months of experience in a high-volume Customer Service Call Center operation setting.
- 6 months of customer service Salesforce or other case resolution (CRM) experience preferred.
- 6 months of computer technical support in a call center setting preferred.
- Ability to learn and master new software.
- Typing efficiency of 30 wpm with 90% accuracy required.
- Typing efficiency of 45 wpm with 90% accuracy preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
- The physical requirements of the position include but are not limited to, standing, walking, standing for long periods of time, use of hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, and squat.
- Must be able to lift and carry approximately 15 pounds.
- Must be able to speak English and listen, hearing sound and words.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is Mon-Fri, full time, 40 hours per week, nonexempt, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package.