The Center for Action and Contemplation is looking for a part-time Maintenance Tech to support our Facilities Manager. In this role, you will help maintain our beautiful offices and Visitor Center in the South Valley of Albuquerque. You’ll perform day-to-day upkeep and solve maintenance problems to keep the offices running and create a welcoming space for staff and visitors alike.
Our ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades with a positive fix-it attitude. You must be service-oriented and willing to jump into a wide range of maintenance work. You will help with everything from non-technical maintenance of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment at a level not requiring formal licensure. You may also perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
- Respond to and resolve maintenance requests.
- Maintain the grounds for our three office sites.
- Perform well maintenance and repairs.
- Perform Acequia maintenance and facilitate flooding.
- Provide lawn maintenance and general upkeep, to include irrigation/drip systems.
- Monitor and maintain plumbing systems, internal and external.
- Maintain roofs and gutters.
- Manage all seasonally required maintenance, system startups and shutdowns, etc.
- Monitor and maintain heating and cooling systems, and handle troubleshooting.
- Create work environments for new employees to include the purchase and set-up of work stations.
- Create and maintain relationships with all outside contractors or service providers; coordinate and monitor all work being performed.
- Purchase maintenance supplies, including monthly inventory of housekeeping products and consumables.
- Handle trash and recycling.
Why you’re right for this job
- You are an expert problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- You know how to fix almost everything yourself, but you also know when it’s time to ask for help and/or call in a licensed professional.
- You are approachable, patient, and you enjoy working on teams with great people.
- You are service-oriented and you love to get things done.
- You can communicate clearly in a courteous manner.
- You can work autonomously within the parameters set by your manager, and you can proactively identify problems that need to be fixed.
- You exercise independent judgement and make sound decisions while balancing multiple priorities.
- You are highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness and teamwork.
- 3- 5 years of experience in HVAC systems, plumbing, and grounds maintenance required.
- Familiarity with shallow wells and drip systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Acequia flood irrigation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Current Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is part-time, 20-32 hours per week. Candidates must be located in Albuquerque, NM. We offer a competitive compensation package.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.