About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative wisdom tradition. As the CAC embarks on a new chapter, we are building an in-house creative team for the first time. For years, our world-class teaching content has stood on its own without high quality production team or creative support. Now, we are looking to hire a video editor to help us translate the heart of the CAC’s wisdom into compelling stories through film and interactive mediums.
In this role, you will organize footage, select new footage, and/or retrofit archived footage in order to create new, compelling content. You’ll work on shoots with the production team, manage the post-production process, and support the Creative Director in establishing efficient department workflows. Through your work, you will produce meaningful content aimed at transforming individuals and communities.
Ideally, you are passionate about storytelling and knowledgeable about industry best practices, with experience in both filming (either for personal projects or as an assistant on professional productions) and editing. You know how to drive projects through to execution and collaborate with a team to create a beautiful and effective end product.
- Implement and manage the post-production workflow for all film projects, including file naming, data backup and redundancy assurance, master project file setup in Adobe Premiere Pro, and creation of foundational multi-camera sequences.
- Support the production team during conferences, webcasts, interviews, online course videos, documentary shorts, and all other video productions.
- Assist on set through camera operation (no previous experience necessary), lighting and grip support, audio monitoring, data and recording media management, and general production assistance.
- Work with Creative Director to create final edits, which include non-destructive editing practices, color correction, audio enhancement, transition effects, motion graphics, and industry standard encoding practices.
- Implement best practices for asset management to ensure preservation of project files and associated media.
- Dig into the video archives to organize and retrofit old footage, enhance audio and touch up image quality.
- Contribute strategically to the media library system for archival purposes.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in contemplative spirituality or human development and a curiosity to explore the CAC’s teachings in more depth.
- You’re looking for the opportunity to develop your skills, be invested in by a creative lead, and grow as a Filmmaker.
- You are a wizard at Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro and can quickly make edits in real time while working collaboratively with Creative Director.
- You are familiar with color correcting footage shot in Log-format, transcoding workflows, syncing audio, non-destructive editing workflows, and encoding best practices.
- You have worked on film projects through each stage of pre-production, production, and post-production.
- You have experience on set and are eager to learn what you don’t know.
- You can thoughtfully and consistently implement new processes and workflows.
- You’re a team player who takes direction well and always follows through on commitments.
- You love tackling new challenges, finding innovative solutions and teaching yourself new skills—and you know when it’s time to ask for help.
- You have an innate desire to go above and beyond to create an exceptional end product.
- You’re nimble and work well in fast paced organizations.
- You want to work on a team that challenges you to do your best work.
- You’re meticulous, obsessed with details, and you don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness and teamwork.
- 3+ years of experience in editing and post-production in a professional environment required.
- Relevant associates or technical degree preferred.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Premiere, or the ability to learn Premiere quickly if you’ve worked with another program like Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency with Adobe Audition, After Effects, and the Adobe Creative Suite in general.
- Knowledge of asset/data management best practices and experience with asset management from production to post to archive.
- Knowledge of industry codecs and encoding standards.
- Ability to enhance and protect archival footage, both audio and video.
- Experience on production sets as assistant in some capacity. Cinema camera operation a plus.
Work Requirements/ Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 40-50 lbs.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends to film CAC webcasts, events, and conferences.
- Opportunity for occasional domestic travel.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.