The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative tradition. As we grow, we are looking for an experienced Digital Engagement Director to lead customer engagement and marketing efforts.
In this role, you will develop new marketing strategies to expand our ever-growing base of supporters. You will collect data to understand, analyze, and monitor CAC’s audience to inform decisions on how best we can serve them and lead them into deeper levels of spiritual learning. In partnership with the Creative Director, you will develop innovative marketing plans and lead outreach efforts that prioritize transformation over transaction. You’ll become the go-to person for strategic guidance on how to engage constituents with content and programming that best supports their own personal growth journeys.
The ideal candidate is an excellent leader with experience in managing and leading teams to success. Candidates must have a passion for the data, while allowing creativity, collaboration, and the wisdom of our contemplative tradition to influence decision-making. Because this is a new position, candidates must be ready to dive in and develop effective digital and social media strategies, tactics, and processes to ensure a high level of focus-driven engagement across all CAC platforms and programs — and ultimately, to create transformative change in the world.
- Conduct audience development and evaluation studies using qualitative and quantitative approaches, develop data and information, and provide recommendations.
- Collect, analyze, develop, and distribute audience data reports.
- Collaborate with program management, creative, and leadership teams to accurately define, grow, and serve CAC’s audience base.
- Determine audience members’ needs to match them with appropriate CAC resources, programs, and/or conferences to help them take steps toward personal growth and transformation.
- Develop and implement suitable strategies, objectives, plans, evaluations, and processes to ensure high level engagement across social media, web, and email.
- Discern how industry best practices can be tailored for CAC's audience and goals.
- Expand CAC’s reach using new marketing avenues to gain new audience members.
- Lead and evaluate direct team members.
- Provide working-level support and oversight for each team member to identify and remove impediments, create accountability on commitments, and proactively manage risks.
- Assess and manage marketing advertisement performance using key indicators.
Why you’re right for this job
- You have a genuine interest in contemplative spirituality and/or human development, and you’re eager to work in a mission-driven organization.
- You’re an expert communicator, delivering clear, concise, and compelling messages both in person and in writing.
- You know how to analyze business and consumer trends and create marketing strategies based on those trends.
- You are strategic, analytical, and creative. You know how to build a metrics-driven marketing strategy and support decision making with data, while collaborating with creative, design, and content team members.
- You can build upon already existing processes and strategies, as well as develop brand new ones to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- You are an excellent leader who can manage yourself, manage others, and build healthy collaborative teams.
- You have a growth mindset, and you’re excited for the opportunity to be both a leader and learner in an organization that values humility and excellence.
- You do not settle for good enough but are driven to continuously improve upon the platforms and processes that you manage.
- You have a highly collaborative approach. You naturally build strong relationships and establish credibility with leaders and employees across the organization.
- You are meticulous, driven by deadlines, and you don’t let things fall through the cracks.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness, and teamwork.
- BA/BS in Business or Marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in Marketing, Promotions and/or Analytics.
- 3+ years of social media marketing experience, specializing in Facebook marketing.
- Superior digital marketing experience and understanding.
- Highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, database management,Google Analytics and AdWords.
- Understanding of UI and UX.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.