About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the Christian contemplative tradition. As we grow, we are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Executive Director, Director of Finance & Operations, and our Board of Directors (“BOD”).
We believe that a great Executive Assistant acts an extension of the leaders they serve. You are their right-hand person, their second brain, and the gatekeeper of their time. From small details to complex tasks, your tailored support enables the Executives to focus on their essential work.
You are right for this job if you possess a genuine love for serving others. As you seek to maximize the Executives’ time, you will carve out the necessary space for them to create impactful work that drives the mission forward.
- Provide world class administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Operations.
- Serve as the key liaison for the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Operations in the organization, facilitating communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Master complex calendaring for both Executives as well as for BOD and Board Committee(s) meetings: schedule internal and external meetings and events across time zones, prioritizing needs, anticipating conflicts, and solving scheduling issues with ease.
- Support Executives with email management and prioritize what items need the Executive’s attention.
- Act as the integrator of key information within the organization.
- Proactively work to ensure effective meetings: manage meeting attendees, agendas, logistics, note-taking, record keeping, and follow-up as requested.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and other logistical support for senior leaders and BOD.
- Provide organizational office management as directed by the Executive Director.
- Act as “front-of-house” for the CAC, serving as the first point of contact for incoming visitors.
- Assist the Executives with various special projects, which could include working with publishers, consultants, and/or major donors.
Why you’re right for this job:
- You want to serve the organization and its leaders first and foremost. You know that you reach your goals when you help the Executives achieve their goals—no matter how large or small the tasks are.
- You have learned how to provide highly personalized support. You continually gather information so you can think, act, and prioritize on the leader’s behalf.
- You have learned how to anticipate needs, and you’re always one step ahead, taking care of business before being asked to ensure seamless coordination of action.
- You understand that protecting an Executive’s personal time allows them to be more present and effective in their professional time. Because of that, you prioritize the personal tasks along with the professional.
- You can create, master, and/or build upon systems to streamline key processes and procedures.
- You are highly skilled in the art of collaboration, communication, and coordination. You know how to remove bottlenecks and move projects along positively and effectively.
- You act with the highest integrity and you understand that consistency and confidentiality are sacred values in your line of work.
- You are curious, flexible, open-minded, and willing to support different personalities in the ways that best support their work.
- You are humble yet confident, persistent yet deferential in working with Executives and others.
- You have a genuine interest in our mission and you embody the CAC’s values of inclusion and teamwork.
- At least 3 years of experience as an Executive Administrative Assistant required.
- Basic understanding of the CAC’s work required; strong familiarity preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- Solid experience with office management systems, MS Office, Slack, Asana (or other project management systems), and Salesforce/CRM systems.
- Expert at Outlook for email and calendaring.
- Solid experience with video and teleconference tools, such as Zoom.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality.
- Superior communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends for CAC events and conferences.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is a full time, non-exempt position. Candidates must be located in, or willing to relocate, to Albuquerque, NM. We offer an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. Relocation package is available within the US.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics