About the Opportunity
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the contemplative tradition. The CAC has served thousands of people all over the world for over 30 years, supporting the world-renowned work of Richard Rohr, OFM. As the CAC grows in our educational and contemplative support, our offices and grounds grow as well.
The Center for Action and Contemplation is looking for a part-time Grounds and Facilities Maintenance to support our Facilities Manager. In this role, you will help maintain our beautiful offices and Visitor Center in the South Valley of Albuquerque. You’ll perform day-to-day upkeep and solve maintenance problems to keep our team running and create a welcoming space for staff and visitors alike.
Our ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades with a positive fix-it attitude. You must be service-oriented and willing to jump into a wide range of facilities-related tasks. You will help with everything from non-technical maintenance of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment at a level not requiring formal licensure. You may also perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
- Respond to and resolve maintenance requests.
- Maintain the grounds for the Main Campus, Stillpoint and Vineyard sites.
- Perform well maintenance and repairs.
- Perform Acequia maintenance and facilitate flooding.
- Provide lawn maintenance and general upkeep, to include irrigation/drip systems.
- Monitor and maintain plumbing systems, internal and external.
- Maintain roofs and gutters.
- Manage all seasonally required maintenance, system startups and shutdowns, etc.
- Monitor and maintain heating and cooling systems, and handle troubleshooting.
- Create work environments for new employees to include the purchase and set-up of work stations.
- Create and maintain relationships with all outside contractors or service providers; coordinate and monitor all work being performed.
- Purchase maintenance supplies, including monthly inventory of housekeeping products and consumables.
- Handle trash and recycling.
Why you’re right for this job
- You are an expert problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- You enjoy working on teams with great people.
- You know how to fix almost everything yourself, but you also know when it’s time to ask for help and/or call in a licensed professional.
- You are approachable, patient, and friendly.
- You are service-oriented and you love to get things done.
- You can communicate clearly in a courteous manner.
- You exercise independent judgement and make sound decisions while balancing multiple priorities.
- You can work autonomously and proactively within the parameters set by your manager.
- You are highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- You embody the CAC’s values of inclusion, compassion, open-mindedness and teamwork.
- 3- 5 years of experience in HVAC systems, plumbing, and grounds maintenance required.
- Familiarity with shallow wells and drip systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Acequia flood irrigation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Current Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet.
Job Specifications and Pay
This job is on-site, in our Albuquerque office. It is part-time, 20-32 hours per week. Candidates must be located in Albuquerque, NM. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
CAC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.