CRM Product Manager (Salesforce)
- Albuquerque, NM
- Full Time
- Digital Product
CRM Product Manager
The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) exists to awaken a more loving world through the teaching and practice of the Christian contemplative tradition. Internally, we are creating a modern workplace with the professional skills needed to scale our work to reach a larger audience.
The CAC is not your typical organization when it comes to using Salesforce. Years ago we adopted an ambitious product team model that recognizes the critical role technology plays in allowing us to deliver on our mission effectively, at scale, and in a way that best serves our staff and constituency. Over time, we’ve steadily built a sophisticated internal Salesforce team while integrating our CRM ecosystem into every program and department in the organization. This isn’t your average siloed Salesforce administration role. This is a crown jewel opportunity to lead and innovate with a highly functional Salesforce team and ecosystem, to help a unique organization with an important mission.
We call the role that leads this team the CRM Product Manager, an updated evolution of a Salesforce leadership role that may go by other names elsewhere, including Salesforce Administrator. But this terminology is chosen intentionally, and communicates both the leadership level and ambition of the role, as well as the essence of the product management approach the CAC takes in stewarding its technology platforms. You can learn more about this approach to our CRM Product Team here and the underlying Digital Product Team model here.
The CRM Product Manager leads a team that stewards the continued investment in our Salesforce ecosystem as part of a highly coordinated, team-oriented, and results-focused Digital Product Team. We are not aiming just to clock in and clock out to keep the system rolling along. We are aiming for technology that beautifully supports the work of our colleagues and the mission of the organization, enabling the CAC to accomplish goals that would have never been possible otherwise.
About the Role
On a daily basis, you'll bring a high level of expertise to strategic product management, Salesforce platform administration, and team management. You’ll communicate with stakeholders around the organization to understand their needs, hopes, and fears. You'll be both an advocate and reality-check in the process of discerning the strengths and costs of new requests, and then coordinate their implementation.
In this remote role, you’ll oversee a team of three excellent Salesforce Admins who rely on you to seek out and understand the CRM-related needs of the organization and then translate them into an elegant and functional CRM ecosystem. You’ll also own and maintain the overall product roadmap and budget; prioritizing staff training and support to ensure technology is used for maximum possible effectiveness.
We are looking for someone who understands what Salesforce is capable of, and has plenty of experience wrestling with and solving tricky problems on the platform. But more importantly, we’re looking for someone who thinks deeply about what the team is trying to accomplish and why. Someone whose job it is to build relationships and trust with people across the organization and beyond to arrive at truly elegant, effective technology solutions.
- Product Leadership
- Proactively seek out the evolving needs of the organization and effectively translate key choices and team capabilities into an ever-evolving product roadmap.
- Manage internal CRM team and external resources to prioritize high-value fixes and improvements, maintain system and data integrity, and ensure CAC staff use the system(s) effectively.
- Create, manage, and advocate for CRM budgetary allocations.
- Maintain responsibility and accountability for your team delivering high quality work, maintaining a beautifully functional system, communicating expectations to stakeholders, and keeping everyone in the loop.
- When necessary, execute under-the-hood configurations in the Salesforce setup menu.
- Oversee projects led by CRM team members and contractors to ensure business needs are met, solid project management approaches are applied, and the proposed solutions are architecturally sound and scalable.
- Monitor data quality to identify potential issues before they escalate.
- Research, select, and become an expert on third-party integrated tools.
- Leadership: You understand that great CRM systems are not simply delivered as off-the-shelf solutions and used “as is.” Rather, they require a great deal of internal leadership and strategy on an ongoing basis in order to remain useful, relevant, clean, and ultimately valuable.
- Strategic Mindset: While technical expertise is important, this role doesn’t spend the majority of its time in the setup menu. Instead, you’re a strategic thinker who enjoys synthesizing various needs and perspectives, as well as working cross-functionally to orchestrate elegant solutions.
- Team Management: You have proven leadership, communications, and collaboration skills with the ability to motivate and empower teams to make business decisions and solve challenges.
- Focus on Making it Work: You are open-minded and willing to look at problems from multiple angles, with an unceasing desire for accuracy, functionality, and ongoing improvement. One of your primary goals is to solve problems and make your coworkers' lives easier.
- Values: You resonate with CAC’s values of simplicity, humility, truthfulness, and solidarity, and our mission to create a more loving world.
- 3+ years of Salesforce architecture and administration experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in leading teams with a passion for mentoring and growing the potential of others.
- Ability to seek out, identify, and implement process and policy improvements.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Capacity for deliberate and detail-oriented decisions focused primarily on system health and scalability rather than "quick fixes."
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, and manage both laterally and upward.
- Experience providing training and instruction to audiences of varying technical abilities and learning styles.
Application and Job Specifications
Please apply for this job directly. You must submit a resume and cover letter and complete the application questions to be considered.
Because of a high volume of interest, we are unable to process applications or respond to inquiries unless they come through the online application system.
This is an exempt, full-time position. While we have a preference for candidates located in Albuquerque, NM, we are open to remote candidates located elsewhere. Candidates within the United States who are asked to relocate to Albuquerque, NM will be provided a relocation assistance package.
What We Offer
We care about every member of our team and we’re proud to offer a holistic compensation and benefits package for full-time staff positions that includes:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 23 Holidays a Year
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Life/AD&D
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Annual Retreat
- Professional Development Budget
- Professional Coaching
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Gym Access
- Free & Discounted Books
- Annual Charitable Contribution on your behalf
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer
We believe that diversity makes us better. The CAC welcomes and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, pregnancy, parental status, military service, veteran status, citizen status, political affiliation, disability status, or any other non-merit based factor.